Never have enough money?
There are times in all of our lives when we have struggled financially. That anxious feeling of not having enough money can overwhelm all of our waking thoughts. So what can you do about it? Beyond the big things like borrowing money or changing jobs, here are a few simple ideas to help you raise some more cash:
- Offer to babysit, walk pets or house sit
- Collect all your change – look in your car, under your couch and in drawers.
- Return items that you have never used to the shop you purchased them.
- Return items for recycling, especially scrap metal
- Get a part-time job
- Make things that you can sell
- Have a garage sale
- Take in a boarder or rent out a spare room
- Sell unneeded items either online or to a pawn shop
- Sell flowers at nightspots
In extreme financial hardship
Many people do not realise that if you are in extreme financial hardship, there is assistance out there to help you. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Contact charitable organisations such as The Smith Family
- Speak to all your utility providers to arrange payment plans
- Access your life insurance and in some cases, your superannuation
- Apply for emergency food packages